Thursday 20 August 2009

Relapse

In my last run it seems that I overstrained myself. That night I had fever and the following night (yesterday), I got so weak that I couldn't get out of bed for most of the day. In fact I had to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night.

Fortunately, I seem to be recovering and am in much better shape today. To be realistic, I will not be able to regain my level of fitness by the time KTM arrives. Seeing how things are I won't be running the Full Marathon at KTM or the Hyderabad Half Marathon.

Disappointing, but that's life and I will live.

3 comments:

Rake said...

shit!..wat happened??..who rushed you to the hospital?

Tanvir Kazmi said...

@Rohit: Take care, it really hurts bad when you miss events, or do badly in them due to injuries, I have had this with the ADHM almost every year, I don't know why. Maybe you should look at your training plans, I checked one of yours for the power of 2, and it really looked very heavy for the week, especially when you were returning from injury.

Rohit said...

@Tanvir: Yes, lesson learnt.